Foods we need to focus on in order to move the pounds include high quality protein sources, healthy fats such as avocados, nuts and seeds, nutrient dense vegetables& fruits, detoxifying fibre and metabolism boosting herbs and spices.
Proteins are vitally important for growth and repair of tissues, muscle development, immune and cellular health and general wellbeing. Therefore it’s vital that we consume enough in our diet. Proteins to focus on for weight loss include:
· Nuts and seeds – almonds, walnuts, macadamias, chia seeds, linseeds, pumpkin seeds, sunflower seeds – consuming a small handful of nuts and seeds daily as a snack helps to keep your protein consumption up and your body fuller for longer, so your less likely to snack on convenience foods. They also provide essential fatty acids, which we need to improve our metabolism and cellular health.
· Good quality lean cuts of organic meat up to 4 times weekly
· Fresh fish twice weekly
· Free range eggs – these are natures perfect protein source.
· Lentils and legumes – chickpeas, split peas, red and green lentils are all fantastic vegetable sources of protein, and also provide essential fibre to keep your bowels regular and your toxicity levels down.
Green leafy vegetables – rocket, spinach, broccoli, kale, silverbeet, rainbow chard – these vegetables contain the most nutrients, vitamins and minerals of any food by weight, and yet are the most underutilised food stuff. They are also high in fibre! We need to consume them daily for optimum energy and wellbeing.
Metabolism boosters are also very important when it comes to weight loss and energy. Incorporate the following:
· Lemon in warm water on rising – this simple tool wakes up your liver first thing in the morning and increases your digestive capacity.
· Cinnamon – add this spice to porridge, casseroles & cups of tea to increase your metabolism and fat burning capacity.
· Green tea – also increases your metabolism. Enjoy 2 to 3 cups daily.
I hope these simple tips inspire you on your weight loss and health journey :)
Let me know in the comments if you have any go to metabolism boosters or weight loss foods that help you along the way.
Love and light
Ally Chick xx