We all have an innate power within us to choose a positive perspective. However we don't always do this. Sometimes it can seem easy to look at what's not going right and dwell on it, especially if people around you are in a negative mindset. Life has a funny way of delivering to us that which we think about most; put simply, what we think about is what we get. Therefore if we are dwelling on what's not going right, and looking at the negatives, that's what we will get more of. The solution is simple, and abundantly powerful.
It's there all the time, and when you feel a spark of it grab hold of it and let it grow. Be aware of your thoughts and actions, and you will see that it's truly amazing how much better you can feel just by shifting your perspective. I urge you to give it a try, right now if you can :) Try looking on things that annoy you as opportunities for learning. Everything happens for a reason.
Here are some quotes on the power of positivity and motivation, I hope they help bring a light to your heart :)
- “You've done it before and you can do it now. See the positive possibilities. Redirect the substantial energy of your frustration and turn it into positive, effective, unstoppable determination.” (Ralph Marston)
- “A pessimist sees the difficulty in every opportunity; an optimist sees the opportunity in every difficulty.” (Winston Churchill)
- The difference between can and cannot are only three letters. Three letters that determine your life's direction.
- Reality is the mirror of your thoughts. Choose well what you put in front of the mirror
- The more difficulties one has to encounter, within and without, the more significant and the higher in inspiration his life will be.
(Horace Bushnell )
- Life has no smooth road for any of us; and in the bracing atmosphere of a high aim the very roughness stimulates the climber to steadier steps, till the legend, over steep ways to the stars, fulfills itself.
(W. C. Doane)
- We are all inventors, each sailing out on a voyage of discovery, guided each by a private chart, of which there is no duplicate. The world is all gates, all opportunities.
(Ralph Waldo Emerson)
This post is dedicated to my beautiful friend Lauren.
Love and light :)