So the recipe in question today is:
Pumpkin Coconut Soup - vegan & gluten free
- 1/2 a large butter nut pumpkin, chopped
- 1 large carrot or 1/2 sweet potato, chopped (depending what you have)
- 1 leek, sliced
- 2 cloves garlic, crushed
- 1 tin Aduki beans (any beans will do, but aduki have more protein)
- 1 cup cooked quinoa (to make this just boil it on the stove - 1/2 cup to 1 1/2 cups water)
- 2 cups massel chicken style stock (it's actually veg stock, no animal product whatsoever)
- 1 cup full fat coconut milk
- A generous sprinkle of Masterfoods Tuscan seasoning
To begin, crush the garlic in a garlic press and chop up the leek. Then place the leek and garlic in your soup saucepan and gently fry for a couple of minutes to bring out the flavours. Whilst they are doing there thing, chop up the pumpkin and carrot/sweet potato into sizeable chunks, no need to be too fussy with these.
Add the pumpkin and carrot/sweet pot to the saucepan and give it a quick stir through. Then add in 2 cups Massel chicken style stock and bring to the boil. Once boiled, turn it down and simmer til the vegetables are tender and soft.
Yummo, soup extraordinare, ready to make your tummy happy!
This soup comes out quite thick, so if you like your soup thinner then just add in some extra chicken stock. The good part about this soup on a nutritional level is that it has quite a bit of protein due to the aduki beans and cooked quinoa, making it a yummy healthy vegan choice. Plus its super easy to make as well!
Brendan and I absolutely love it, Bren even said that it couldn't get any better. You guys will have to let us know what you think!